- Must be a Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy.
- Board passer an advantage; fresh graduates and/or new board passers are welcome to apply.
- Can work under pressure.
- Willing to work on shifting schedule.
- Conducts pulmonary function tests.
- Assesses and interprets evaluations and test results.
- Determines respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription.
- Operates mechanical ventilators, nebulizers, and etc.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments by performing bronchopulmonary drainage.
- Assisting with breathing exercises.
- Monitors physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes.
- Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by observing, noting, and evaluating patient’s progress.
- Recommends adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care
workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshoots malfunctions; calls for repairs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional
- Performs related duties as may be assigned.
Categorised in: Careers
This post was written by unihealthadmin