The Biomedical Technician repairs, maintains and calibrates medical machinery, maintains, readjusts or repairs electronic or hydraulic machines used in the medical field, such as defibrillators, MRI tunnels, CT scanning devices, wheelchairs or ultrasound equipment, etc.
• Installs new biomedical equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating, and testing performance.
• Maintains biomedical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; conducting tests; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions; calling for special service; evaluating service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories.
• Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations; instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment; answering questions; providing information.
• Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests; recommending and complying with procedures; training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel; complying with codes.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications; maintaining personal networks.
• Candidate must possess at least a Vocational Diploma/Short Course Certificate/Bachelor’s/College Degree in Bioengineering/Biomedical or equivalent
• Must have diploma and/or training certificates from accredited institutions.
• At least 2 years of work experience in a hospital environment or related field.
• Willing to work on shifting schedule, if needed.