- Prepares for examinations by checking equipment and inventorying and restocking supplies; reviewing patients schedules; reading physicians’ orders for specific examinations; setting-up recording equipment; entering patient information into system.
- Reduces patient anxieties by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing assistance to examination
bed or treadmill.
- Prepares patients by positioning patient; spreading gels; attaching electrodes to chest and equipment; adjusting equipment controls; verifying wave signals.
- Obtains quality images by positioning and re-positioning transducer; monitoring display screen; listening to signals; adjusting equipment for beam strength and focus; detecting artifacts that mimic abnormalities; recording images.
- Records examination information by printing graphics and data; calculating measurements of heart wall,
chamber size, and blood flow direction and velocity; comparing measurements to norms.
- Protects patients by adhering to safety policies and protocols.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential; cautioning others
regarding potential breaches.
- Performs the related duties as the need arises.
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree of Medical Science or equivalent.
- With a minimum of 1 year work experience in same field.
- Must have experience in a Hospital industry.
- Must have knowledge in medical terminology.
- Systematic, highly organized and with keen eye for details.
- Can work well with minimum supervision.
Categorised in: Careers
This post was written by unihealthadmin